Thinking of boarding your loft for storage?
Before you do read this….
Before you choose a company to do the work ask yourself these questions and see how you answer.
The company you have chosen….
1. Are they contactable by a landline or just a mobile number?
If just a mobile, and things go wrong they are not traceable. If they are a proper business would you not expect them to have a real landline number?
2. Did they give you a written quote with their full trading address on it?
If they didn’t give you a written quote then you have no contract and the price they given is an estimate which can be increased on the day they do the work. A quote is a fixed non-adjustable price.
If they didn’t give you their address then who are they?? Where are they from? What happens if things go wrong? How do you get hold of them or report them to trading standards?
3. Are they correctly insured? Check to see if they have a valid insurance document, if they don’t you have not a leg to stand on if things go wrong, it will cost you to make it all right again.
4. Are they qualified? Do they hold any qualifications or certificates that they are competent to do the work they say they can do?
5. Are they approved? a member of a governing body or professional association?
Don’t bother with Rated People or My Builder these companies do not checkout the companies themselves personally they leave it to customer feedback which can be faked easily by dishonest users. Use Trading Standards Safe Trader Schemes, Trustmark or other similar government endorsed trade bodies.
6. What guarantee are they giving? Any at all? 1 year, 5 years?
A guarantee covers you if things break or stop working, if things do go faulty you have to pay for the repairs yourself if there is no guarantee given.
7. Have they asked for a deposit or money up front? If so why? They could quite easily just not turn up now they have some of your money. A reputable company would never need to take a deposit for a simple loft boarding job.
8. Have they offered any references from existing customers that they have done work for?
Did you call them to check to see if they are genuine, ask for at least three.
9. Have they shown you social media feedback? Don’t be fooled by Facebook feedback or any other similar feedback as it could very easily be faked by friends or family leaving it, it’s not a reliable way of checking them out. Here today gone tomorrow, back next week under a different name on Facebook.
10. Is the company registered limited company in the UK ? ask for their Company number check them out at Companies House website see if they are solvent.
11. Do the prices include VAT? Check out if they are registered to charge you VAT get their VAT number.
If you are still considering boarding your loft for storage and are now concerned about any of the above questions, then we can answer to all of these with ease.
Loft Boarding NW offer full written on-site fixed priced quotes
Our office number is 01254 370073
Our head office is at Unit 14 (Sub3) Junction 7 Business Park Blackburn Rd Accrington
We are LoftZone qualified, factory approved installer with local qualified installers
We are linked to a national UK network of approved LoftZone installers
Fully and correctly insured for our trade and we offer 5 year guarantee
All our work is carried by fully employed, qualified and thoroughly trained staff, we NEVER used sub-contractors
We are a member of Lancashire County Council Safe Trader Scheme run by Trading Standards
We have references you can contact. We are a registered limited company and are registered for VAT
We NEVER take a deposit and we offer interest FREE deferred payment schemes when you spend over £750
“Were simple the best, and better than all the rest”…..
Just search for LOFT BOARDING NW on Google